Friday, August 08, 2008

New Birth or Rebirth by Ravi Zacharias


I was disappointed by this book. When I first read about this story, I thought that it would be similar to David Gregory’s books (Dinner with a Stranger, A Day with a Perfect Stranger). I have listened to Ravi Zacharius’ sermons. He is very good. I think he would have been more successful by bringing in a fiction writer to help him craft a story to go with this message. I do not see the story grabbing the attention of a non-believer. Gregory’s books were written to pull the non-believing reader into the story. While they are reading the story, they get the message. This book does not have the storyline to keep your interest while you are hearing the message. I was going to look up the other books in this series, but now I do not think so. Based on what I have read, the author would have been better off writing a non-fiction book.

If you are looking for information as to the differences between Jesus and Krishna, this book will inform you. If you want a well-written story in addition to the information, avoid this book.

No comments: