Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Expanding Horizons or It's Time to Read Outside the Box

I have been inspired by the discussions going on at the Speculative Faith site. They have been looking at short stories published in non-Christian sources. I have decided to start reviewing short stories on a regular basis. Most of what I will be reviewing will be from Christian internet sites or magazines. Some of the sites I will be looking at are Dragons, Knights, & Angels and Ray Gun Revival, and The Sword Review. If you know of any other sites that have Christian short stories, please let me know.
Most of my reviews will still be focused on novels but I want to expand to help promote quality short stories as well. Who knows, the next great Christian novel might be written by the author of one of these stories.
Let's help get the word out about quality Christian fiction. The length of the story does not matter.

2 comments:

Rel said...

Hey Jim - thanks for your post on my blog :) It's great to know other people enjoy fabulous Christian fiction!

Mirtika said...

I love short stories. I actually prefer them to novels. :)

So, this should be fun.

:D

It would be interesting to see what you think of Jane LeBak's "Damage." DKA story. It made several of the editors weep.

Mir